Maternity and Pregnancy Update – A HR and OHS Perspective
This programme has been developed to assist those working in HR and OHS to understand the obligations for employers and the entitlements for employees who are pregnant.
Time: 9.30am- 1pm
The participants will
- Have knowledge of all of the entitlements of a pregnant worker with regard to protective leave including maternity, parents, parental, annual leave and public holiday entitlements
- Be confident in dealing with issues regarding, anti-natal care, breastfeeding requests, the right to return to their own job on return from leave and other related questions
- Understand the different notices that are required
- Be prepared for a pre maternity leave meeting and have a checklist to use for when an employee is going on leave with information on communication, return to work dates, requirements by the company to taken outstanding annual leave or public holiday entitlements
- Be able to advice senior management within your organisation of requirements and obligations in the pregnancy / maternity area
- Have the correct policies, procedures and templates in place
- Understand the employer obligations in the area of occupational health and safety
- Have the knowledge required to understand and implement risk assessments for pregnant employees
- Be aware of the right to place employees on health and safety leave if required
- Be able to answer Covid related questions for and from pregnant workers
- Introduction – HR and OHS
- Human Resource Management
- Pre Maternity Leave Meeting
- HR Issues
- Occupational Health and Safety
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
" I really enjoyed the day, it has given me plenty to think about in terms of implementing practical tips and tools. The trainer was an excellent facilitator"
Caoimhe Carroll, CPD Executive, Engineers Ireland
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €190
Non-member rate: €215
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here