Ibec/TU Dublin CPD Managing People
Technological University Dublin *In line with official guidance for public health relating to social distancing, we are moving this online to a web based delivery until further notice
This in an Online based programme
The objective of this programme is to enable front-line managers to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and to act with greater confidence.
On completion of this programme, participants will:
TU Dublin Level 6, Special Purpose Award, 5 credits
Who Should Attend?
Front-line managers, supervisors and those preparing for promotion into a managerial role.
- Understand and appreciate the full extent and importance of your role in managing people.
- Improve your interpersonal skills to enable you to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and act with greater confidence.
- Acquire the key tools for managing people through a practical approach to skills development in such areas as motivation, managing problem behaviours, counselling, assertiveness and negotiations.
- Develop an appreciation of grievance and disciplinary procedures and improve your effectiveness in handling issues in these areas.
- Gain an overview of the key areas of employment legislation and become more confident when dealing with queries in relation to these.
*In line with official guidance for public health relating to social distancing, we are moving this online to a web based delivery until further notice
Duration: 4 Days
This in an Online programme
Ibec has designed this programme with particular emphasis on the development of practical skills. The programme consists of four modules in order to enable you to practice the skills required. All presenters on the programme are practitioners who deal with a variety of real-life situations on a daily basis. Extensive use is made of practical exercises, case studies and role plays to secure a high level of participation and self-learning. You are encouraged to express your views and experiences. A large proportion of the time is spent discussing issues to ensure a thorough understanding. Actual case histories are used to draw up the case studies
and role plays.
A flexible approach is used throughout the programme and priority is given to the demands of the group.
- Managing Performance
- Interpersonal skills
- Employment Legislation
- Industrial Relations Institutions
- Giving Feedback and Managing Problem People
- Discipline and Dismissals
- Counselling and Coaching
- Employment of Staff
- Conflict Resolution
|Online, Online|| Feb 10, 11, 17, 18, 2021|| |
|Online, Online||March 2, 3, 9, 10, 2021|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €1,900
Non-member rate: €2,100
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here
You may also be interested in:
2 Day Programme
TU Dublin Level 6 - 4 Day Programme
TU Dublin Level 6 - 12 Day Programme