Ibec/TU Dublin CPD Diploma in Strategic Innovation
Technological University Dublin Programme Overview:
The CPD Diploma in Strategic Innovation is designed to support leaders and organisations that appreciate the importance of investing in the development of their skills and knowledge in the key areas of strategy and innovation. This accredited programme will focus on equipping leaders and managers with the necessary strategic and innovation skills, knowledge and competencies to address the various challenges facing their businesses in creative and innovative ways, allowing them to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
TU Dublin Level 8, Special Purpose Award, 20 ECTS
Who Should Attend?
The programme is designed to meet the needs of those new to innovation-related roles as well as helping to develop the skills and knowledge of those currently engaged in innovation in their organisations. Applicants should typically have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in management and occupy roles involving a significant degree of engagement with innovation or expect to move into these positions in the near future.
Duration: 12 Days
Developing a strategic outlook
- Understanding strategy and strategic management
- Analysing the external environment
- Analysing the organisation
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Defining the value chain
- Developing and assessing strategic options
The innovative organisation
- What is innovation?
- Creativity and innovation
- Enhancing your personal creative confidence
How leadership, teams and people contribute to innovation
- Managing innovation
- Moving from ideas to implementation
- Structuring for innovation – organisational structures to support innovation
- Embedding Innovation as a core competency
- Managing change
- Measuring and evaluating innovation
Taking a strategic view of innovation
- Leadership and Innovation
- Innovative teams
- Unlocking the innovation potential within people and teams
- Decision making, unconscious bias
- Managing failure and constraints
- Design Thinking
There are a number of activities and case studies used throughout the programme which ensures that all of the learning is applied in a real way. Best practice examples in all areas will be highlighted and discussed during the programme, giving participants plenty of opportunities to build on the elements of these that could be applied in their own organisations.
Individual assessments are an integral part of the programme and count towards end of year results as follows:
1) One closed book exam 40%
2) A project on a company specific innovation project, involving the application of the key principles of innovation and innovation development
(4,500 words) 40%
3) Learning journal and class participation 20%
- Building an innovation strategy
- Innovating the Business Model
- Defining the customer and understanding their needs
- Engaging with an innovation ecosystem
- Managing and protecting your IP
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €3,200
Non-member rate: €3,500
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here