Diversity & Inclusion
How can organizations and their people benefit from diversity in the workforce? The answer lies in the practice of inclusion. This course will look at practices that can build a diverse and inclusive workforce to attract the best talent and create an environment where people want to stay and succeed.
We will look at all aspects of diversity with a focus on gender diversity for this one-day course. We will explain how unconscious bias can hinder our efforts to be inclusive and more importantly what we can do to address it.
This course will explore the challenges around diversity and inclusion in hiring, performance management and meeting dynamics. Participants will take away practical action plans that work in their context. The format will be interactive with participants encouraged to bring their questions and share examples of best practice.
- Setting the Context – the current and future workforce
- What is diversity and inclusion and why does it matter?
- Recognising the Business Opportunities that a diverse workforce can bring.
- Relevant legislation on equality, safety and health, bullying and harassment.
- How values guide what we do and how we do things?
- Stereotypes in action - In Groups and Out Groups – Privilege and culture
- Unconscious Bias and the neuroscience behind how we make decisions
- The power of Language and culture in the workplace – exploring the impact of language and behaviour
- Aligning systems and processes – Taking a closer look at hiring practices, performance management and meeting dynamics and how to make them more inclusive.
- Case studies and examples of what works and the cost of getting it wrong.
- How to assess your next steps and practical actions for your workplace.
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €385
Non-member rate: €425
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here