Conducting Workplace Investigations during COVID-19
The global COVID-19 pandemic has presented employers with many varied and unprecedented challenges. As employers come to grips with the most pressing of challenges, those employers who can, are now attempting to return to "business as usual". Such business as usual will, of course, include workplace investigations.
This full day course will guide employers as they manage workplace investigations remotely, whether they are faced with the need to complete an ongoing investigation or address a new issue requiring an investigation.
At the end of this programme, participants will have a broad range of knowledge regarding the legal requirements, the latest case law and best practice approaches to the running of workplace investigations. They will also learn how to apply these lessons to remote investigations and subsequent disciplinary processes
In particular, participants will:
- Understand the key areas of employment law and relevant Codes of Practice pertinent to workplace investigations, in the areas of discipline, grievances and bullying & harassment
- Be aware of the various mechanisms that can be used to conduct/continue workplace investigations remotely and the pros and cons associated with each
- Have an appreciation of the significance of compliance with the principles of natural justice when conducting investigations remotely
- Know the key areas to consider when conducting investigations remotely
- Know the current best practice approach to dealing with issues in the area of conducting investigations
- Be able to write clear and concise investigation reports
- Know how conduct subsequent disciplinary processes remotely
- Identify issues that may potentially lead to a case being taken to a third party
- Critically review existing policies and procedures in the light of the above
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €385
Non-member rate: €425
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here