Running Effective Disciplinary Processes
This programme will give managers and HR specialists the confidence to deal effectively with problems that arise in the context of the Unfair Dismissals Acts.
On completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
This programme is for:
- Understand how to deal with poor performance
- Deal with a dishonest employee
- Understand the rules of natural justice and the implications they have for any investigation
- Deal with queries and questions on each of the covered topics
- Critically analyse current disciplinary policies and procedures
- Understand the current best practice approach to dealing with issues in the area of discipline and dismissal
- Know the legislative background to disciplining and the relationship between the unfair dismissals legislation, the equality legislation, industrial relations and any other relevant piece of legislation
- Understand current case law and be aware of new issues that are arising almost daily
- Deal with all of the aspects of a disciplinary procedure up to and including dismissal
Managers and HR specialists who implement disciplinary procedures, or all those who manage people at work.
· The disciplinary procedure
· Common Disciplinary Situations
· Fair procedures and the principles of natural justice
· Disciplinary Investigations
· Disciplinary appeal hearings
· Overview of Unfair Dismissals Act, 1977-2015
· Maternity-related dismissal
· Dismissals on the ground of disability
· Age-related dismissal
Dealing with gross misconduct:
· Internet and e-mail abuse
· Social networking
· Intoxicants in the workplace
· Theft, fraud and dishonesty
· Conflict of interest
The programme runs over a single day. There are a number of activities and case studies as part of the course to ensure that the key knowledge and skills are practiced.
The programme is delivered by experienced Ibec Executives who provide members with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. Programme participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. The programme facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application. Real life case studies and exercises will be used to ensure a real practical understanding of each topic.
|Online, Online||March 8, 2021|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
Cork, Dublin, Galway, Online
- Course fee:
Member rate: €385
Non-member rate: €425
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here
You may also be interested in:
2 Day Programme
DIT Level 6 - 7 Day Programme
DIT Level 6 - 12 Day Programme